Stereo Valve Preamplifier
Transfer qualities of amplifiers are currently being challenged by modern signal sources. Traditional (classical) technology and ECC81/82/83/88 does not cover the full potential of tube technology.
We developed a Vincent pre-amplifier SA-T7 that increases pure amplifying of precious audio signals with tubing on a level never realised before. This is made possible by a patented circuit technology: A new BestPentode circuit developed by Dipl-Ing (Master of Engineering) Frank Blöhbaum eliminates those for pentodes typical electrical current noises. The BestPentode device has got a higher level of amplifying small noise than other triods. This high-level grid pentode type CV6189 displays its whole potential. This tube is a new old stock (NOS) from storage that was used for amplifying high-frequency signals 24/7 in telecommunication. Guaranteed service life for professional use for the tube made in England is 10,000 hours ex factory.
The impedance converter consists of a grid triod type 6S3P-EV - a Russian military tube with a long life that was used in an MIG's airborne radar. The noiseless power supply connectors of the BestPentode device provides for an extremely pure audio transmission. We developed our own module called Vimala (the meaning in Sanskrit is "pure, transparent and clear") for this purpose.
- Frequency response: 10 Hz – 100 kHz +/- 0.1 dB, Nominal output voltage: 3 Volt
- Harmonic distortion: < 0.001 % (1 kHz, Output voltage 2Veff at 10 kOhm)
- Amplification: Typical 13.3 dB (volume controller max. gain)
- Input sensitivity: 43 mV (for 2 Volt output voltage)
- Signal-noise ratio: Typical >100 dB(A)
- Input impedance: > 22 kOhm
- Inputs: 6 x stereo RCA, 1 x optical, 1 x coax
- Outputs: 2 x stereo RCA (Pre Out), 1 x stereo RCA (Rec Out), 2 x 3.5 mm Jack socket (Power Control)
- Tubes: 4 x CV6189; 4 x 6S3P-EV; 1 x 85A2
- Colour: Black/Silver, Weight: 8.5 kg
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 135 x 370 mm